Our client brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the patient is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
The centre of our philosophy is the fact that this journey is all about the individual. By ensuring we deliver individualised care which is evidenced based, people can move through pathways of care as their condition improves. We are also committed to making families and friends an active part in each person’s recovery process and helping all reach the end goal of more independent living where this is possible.
Our inclusive way of working has the patient as a true partner in their care. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of the organisation. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent care programs that truly benefit the patients.
The post-holder will work with the two Consultant Psychiatrists across two Adult Acute Admissions Wards (Ruby Ward with up to 12 male patients, and Crystal Ward with up to 11 female patients).
Our Specialty Doctor role involves:
• Delivering a high quality clinical service to patients.
• Working closely with the unit’s multi-disciplinary team, including the Consultant, to ensure that patients receive a holistic and person-centric treatment programme based on the recovery model.
• Ensuring an adequate handover to colleagues including out of hours.
• Reviewing the mental state of patients as per the hospital procedure.
• Ensuring that each patient has a full physical health screen upon admission including physical examination, ECG and bloods (the hospital has some phlebotomists).
• Taking a lead with managing any physical health concerns that emerge during inpatient stay.
• Seeking collateral history from other professionals and family.
• Completing discharge letters/reports/s62 forms as required in a timely manner.
• Preparing First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers’ hearing reports under supervision of Consultant.
• Depending on your experience, providing oral evidence at First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers’ hearings under the supervision of Consultant.
• Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance activities by conducting audits, research and teaching.
• Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that patients have access to appropriate medical cover at all times.
• Providing prospective cover to other specialty doctors when they are on leave.
• Any other duties considered to be commensurate with the level of the post.
• Full GMC registration
• Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams.
• To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
• To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year
• At least 3 years’ experience in Psychiatry
• Experience working as a doctor within a PICU/secure services (desirable)
• MRCPsych (desirable)
• Section 12 (2) approval (desirable)
• AC status (desirable)
Apply to [email protected]
- Address Potters Bar , Hertfordshire
- Salary £72,000 - £75,000 per annum, negotiable, inc benefits
- Qualification Full GMC registration • Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams. • To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists. • To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year • At least 3 years’ experience in Psychiatry • Experience working as a doctor within a PICU/secure services (desirable) • MRCPsych (desirable) • Section 12 (2) approval (desirable) • AC status (desirable)
- Experience 2-5 years
- At least 3 years’ experience in Psychiatry
- Total Jobs 794 Jobs
- Slogan You Can and You Will